The alpaca has been plied and the twist set. Who would have known that all the parrot-related items in the house would come in so handy when it came time to dry a skein of yarn!
Here is a picture of the skein in dried form with the second arm of the sweater I am working on with the finished arm sitting there mocking me.
I must say that knitting the arms are the most tedious boring parts of sweater making and what is worse you have to make two of them. I can't wait to get it finished so I can get back to the meat of the sweater and play with the cabling.
I ended up doing a two-ply of the alpaca. I figured more yardage would give me more options. My very rough calculations lead me to believe that I have over 100m. Now I just need to find a pattern.
A close up with a penny for scale.