2009/02/15

My Tangled Yoke Cardie!

I was home sick this week and as usual when I'm sick higher brain function isn't at its best; it is just low enough to make the finishing tasks of knitting a sweater tolerable. Below are pictures of picking up the button bands, weaving in loose ends and of course soaking.
The Tangled Yoke Cardigan
Pattern: by Eunny Jang in Interweave Knits Fall 2007
Size: 34" size
Needles: 3.5mm 24" circs, 3.25mm 32" circs and 2mm 40" circs
Yarn: Rowan Felted Tweed in Wheat
Yardage: 6 complete balls and a touch off the 7th
Modifications: needle size to get correct gauge and I made the sleeves longer.
Notes: I knit this at the smallest size in spite of the fact that I am a 36" chest and am very glad that I did. After blocking it had no negative ease so I suppose it must have stretched some and the fit is perfect.

I finished sewing on the buttons at the Purple Purl today and got many compliments. It is a very nice sweater and I think it will get a lot of wear. I am very pleased with how this turned out. There are several pictures below to show off the finished product. I apologize that they are not the greatest, but what can you do when there is no one else around to help take the pictures? Enjoy.

No comments: